If you used a different review system before installing Opinew, you can easily migrate reviews to Opinew. Using our custom CSV importer you only need to follow our template file to start uploading past reviews without using the structure of another major Shopify review app.
CSV Reviews File Structure
You can download our ready-to-upload template below in order to migrate reviews to Opinew quickly:
Structure and Required Values
- body (Required): String of text with the body of the review
- rating (Required): Number with the rating of the review
- review_date (Required): Date with the following format: 2021-03-25 22:54:53 UTC
(Single digits are also valid: 2021-3-25)
- state (Required): It must be one of two valid values: published / unpublished
- reviewer_name (Required): String of text with the name of the author
- reviewer_email (Required): String of text with the email of the author
- product_id (Required)*: Number with the Shopify id of the product
- product_handle (Required)*: Shopify Product URL ending.
- reply: String of text with the body of merchant reply to the review. It will show under the review.
- reply_date: Date with the following format: 2021-03-25 22:54:53 UTC (Single digits are also valid: 2021-3-25)
- picture_urls: This cell can be filled in two ways:
- One single URL
- Several URLs separated by commas
- SKU (Required)*: Product’s SKU code
- barcode (Required)*: Product’s barcode
- region: ISO 639-1 country code (eg. us, fr)
Example of a Valid Custom CSV File Structure
Example for product_handle:
Example for one image URL: https://vrdev.storage.googleapis.com/Video/ba9268719cab777d36241ea87d843334.jpg
Example for several image URLs: https://vrdev.storage.googleapis.com/Video/ba9268719cab777d36241ea87d843334.jpgExample,https://vrdev.storage.googleapis.com/Video/ba9268719cab777d36241ea87d843334.jpgExample,https://vrdev.storage.googleapis.com/Video/ba9268719cab777d36241ea87d843334.jpg
Migrate reviews to Opinew from another Shopify app
Step 1: Navigate to Reviews > Import Reviews
Step 2: On the “Import Reviews” page, click on “Migration from other apps & CSV” to open the migration panel.
Step 3: Select “Custom File” and click the ‘Add File’ button.
Having issues when trying to migrate reviews to Opinew?
Reach out with the name of the provider & (if possible) a .csv file of your review data from them and your .myshopify.com domain name, for example: opinew.myshopify.com
You can contact us via email (email@example.com) or chat with us at the bottom right-hand side of your Opinew dashboard. We’ll get on processing your import right away & as long as you provide all the info we need, we try to get it done within 48 hours (though it’s often less).