If you used a different review system before installing Opinew, you can easily import your reviews from them. Using our custom csv importer you only need to follow our template file to start uploading importer without using the structure of another major Shopify review apps.
How to import reviews from your old Shopify review system to Opinew:
1. Go to Get Reviews > Migrate Reviews and click the ‘Migrate Reviews’ button.
2. Pick the option ‘Custom’ from the dropdown menu.
3.- To properly create a valid custom CSV to upload you need to follow the structure as the one in this example file.
4. The csv file you choose must use the following structure:
- body : String of text with the body of the review
- rating: Number with the rating of the review
- review_date: Date with the following format: 2021-03-02 22:54:53 UTC
- state: It must be one of two valid values: published / unpublished
- reviewer_name: String of text with the name of the author
- reviewer_email: String of text with the email of the author
- reply: String of text with the body of merchant resply to the review. It will show under the review.
- reply_date: Date with the following format: 2021-03-02 22:54:53 UTC
- picture_urls: This cell can be filled in two ways, one url without quote marks, or several urls wrapped by quote marks and separated by commas
The csv file must also include the following columns:
(For each review there must a value in at least one of them )
- product_id: Number with the Shopify id of the product
- product_handle: Shopify Product URL ending.
- barcode: Product’s barcode
- sku: Product’s sku code
Example for product_ handle:
https://demo.opinew.com/collections/frontpage/products/mega-helmet , the product handle is “mega-helmet”
Example for one image url : https://vrdev.storage.googleapis.com/Video/ba9268719cab777d36241ea87d843334.jpgExample
Multiple urls : “https://img.com/asda.jpg,https://img.com/auasbdiusabd.jpg”
5. Click the ‘Upload CSV’ button.
If you cant’t find your previous review provider in the drop-down: that’s not a problem. Just reach out with the name of the provider & (if possible) a .csv file of your review data from them and your .myshopify.com domain name, for example: opinew.myshopify.com
You can contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or chat with us in the bottom right-hand side of your Opinew dashboard. We’ll get on processing your import right away & as long as you provide all the info we need, we try to get it done within 48 hours (though it’s often less).
When importing reviews into Opinew, we ask you to use only genuine reviews from your customers. People are quite good at spotting fake reviews and increasingly there are more consumer protection laws and court cases around those laws that may negatively impact your business: