With Opinew, you can integrate your product reviews into Google Shopping and display your product ratings together with your Google Shopping ads.
You can find more information about Google Shopping product ratings here.
Google has strict guidelines that need to be followed in order to show your reviews in Google Shopping ads. These include:
- You need to have a minimum of 50 product reviews.
- Product reviews should be of high quality.
- Product reviews cannot violate copyright, be offensive or include personal information.
- To ensure that your reviews feed gets accepted, your google merchant products need to have a global product identifier defined (GTIN or MPN+Brand).
Step 1: Activate Ratings Feed
If you don’t have the ratings feed active yet, and if your product reviews complies with the policies above, apply for Google Shopping product ratings as follows:
- Log in to your Google Merchant account.
- Fill in the Product Ratings Interest Form >>HERE<<.
- Under “If you use a third-party service, which service do you use?”, select “Other” and specify “Opinew” in the provided text box.
- You will receive an email from Google Merchant Center saying that your aggregator does not have an approved partnership for the Product Ratings program yet.
- Reply to this email saying that you will submit a direct product ratings feed to your Merchant Center.
Full list of Google’s program policies can be found here.
Step 2: Go To Google Shopping Integration
- Go to the integration menu (Extra and integrations > Integrations) and open the Google Shopping card.
Step 3: Log Into Your Google Account
For this integration to work correctly you need to connect Opinew to your Aoogle Merchant account, this will be the start to display your reviews on Google Shopping Search Results.
Step 4: Fetch Your Google Merchant Products
Once you’re logged in, you will see a button that once clicked will fetch your products from your merchant account.
The red icon on the right hand side can log you out of your Google account.
Step 5: Link Your Shopify and Google Products
You will see a list with your shopify products on the left hand side of the integration display and you will see a tab menu showing linked or unlinked products depending on the selected tab.
In that box you can link a product, unlink a product, or delete a Google product from opinew (clicking on the trash bin icon).
Step 6: Specify Reviews Feed Options
With this checkbox you can select whether or not you want to exclude imported reviews in your Google Shopping reviews feed.
This will help you to have more control over what you will show on your Google merchant account.
Step 7: Get Your Feed Url / Zip File
After you finish setting all your configuration as needed you just need to copy your feed url o download the feed files.
Step 8: Submit your product reviews feed to Google Shopping
Once your application is approved by Google, you will see a “Product Reviews” link in your Google Merchant Center menu.
- Go to the “Product Reviews” menu in your Google Merchant Center dashboard.
- Select the following options for your product reviews feed:
- Feed type – Product Reviews
- Upload method – Scheduled Fetches
- File name – enter any file name you like but it has to have a .zip ending (eg. myfeed.zip)
- Use your product reviews feed link as the location of your file.
If you happen to have any issues with integrating product reviews from Opinew to Google Shopping, feel free to contact our support center.