Opinew is one of the most fundamental tools that will help you build trustworthy social proof on your Shopify, boosting your revenues, and increasing your conversion rate only through a few clicks.
One of the most important features that any review app offers for their users is importing reviews:
However, for Opinew this feature is quite different. Opinew prides itself to be the only review app that allows its users to find, collect & import reviews from any online source.
You can import reviews from almost any online platforms (Amazon, eBay, AliExpress Oberlo, Spreadr, Importify, Dropified) where your product is sold. There are different ways you can do that:
- Using Opinew's Google Chrome Extension for 1 click imports of reviews in bulk
- Using Opinew's easy migration system from other review apps
- Using the import tool located directly inside the application.
On the other hand, Judge.me is also offering the same feature which allows you to import reviews. Except they are more limited, and essential online selling platforms where you could import your reviews, such as Amazon or eBay, are not included. The only way to import reviews from AliExpress is by installing their AliExpress Review Importer App or by creating a CSV file format which most of the time leads to some errors and duplications. Also, if you're looking to import photo or video reviews, you will need to upgrade to their Awesome Plan.
In summary, Opinew offers a broader range of platforms you can import from and might be more suitable depending on your needs. Photos and videos are also available from the basic plan (Side Gig plan).
If you are a seller on eBay or another platform, Opinew will be a great addition to display all the reviews you received on your Shopify store!
The limit to the number of reviews you can import varies depending on the plan you choose. Kindly refer to our "comparisons table" to see the detailed number of reviews you can import.
For collecting reviews, both offer these different features:
- Write a review directly on the product widget.
- Send review requests Emails to customers after they have made a purchase.
However, in order to request reviews automatically with Judge.me, you will need to upgrade to their Awesome Plan which even won't allow you to ensure that the customer will receive the review request right after he receives his package but you will need to predict in how many days the order will reach the customer domestically and internationally to schedule the reminder email accordingly. This, in some cases, can cause an embarrassing situation if the customer gets a review request for an order that he hasn't received yet.
In addition, you're not allowed to use the SMS review request nor the follow-up email reviews unless you upgrade to the Awesome Plan.
Opinew includes inside the application the possibility to schedule these review requests to be sent right after fulfillment or delivery of the order. Opinew has recently integrated with Aftership in order for you to do that but you will need to have both apps installed. Also, you're able to use the feature of the SMS review requests from the basic plan (Side Gig plan).
The limit to the number of review requests you can send per email varies depending on the plan you choose. Kindly refer to our "comparisons table" to see the detailed number of requests you can send.
Available from the basic plan
- Preview badges can be added below product titles on your product pages or inside product thumbnails on your collection pages.
- Review Timestamps.
- Homepage Carousel, to showcase the top-selling products and surface the best customer reviews to boost credibility, trust, conversions, and sales.
Available from the advanced plan
- Widget rating filter and floating reviews tab.
- All reviews Page, to create a dedicated reviews page on your store to showcase all your product reviews in one place.
- Q&A widgets text.
- Facebook reviews tab and engagement.
All widgets available from the Side Gig plan:
- Product Reviews Widget, to display your reviews, questions & answers, and a button to leave a review.
- Product Stars Rating, to show stars on the product & collection page. When clicked, jump to the reviews widget.
- Collection Stars Rating, to show stars in collections. When clicked, it goes to the product page.
- All Reviews Page, to show reviews from the whole shop on a dedicated page.
- Review Carousel, to show a number of reviews selected by the merchant in a carousel view.
- Footer & Email Badge, a badge that shows the average star rating for the whole shop.
While Opinew offers the main important widgets you will need on a Shopify store, Judge.me is trying to diversify its offer by providing new ways of showcasing reviews on your website and social media. However, you will need to upgrade in order to have access to that!
Opinew offers great customization tools and almost all of them are accessible from the lowest plan (Side Gig). Using Opinew's CSS editor will allow you to make any changes to the widgets so they can match with your theme perfectly & build even more trust on your website.
If you are looking to customize your widgets, with Judge.me you will have to upgrade to at least the Awesome plan to be able to customize most of what the app has to offer:
- The basic plan will only let you display Star Ratings on the product, collection, and home page.
- If you are looking to modify the widget's fonts & colors, as well as the appearance of your emails, you will have to upgrade to the Awesome plan.
- If you need to add custom questions, group some products together, and remove Judge.me branding, you will need to upgrade to the Awesome plan.
- Also, if you're looking to import and request photos or video reviews and sending SMS review requests you will need to upgrade to the Awesome Plan.
Marketing & Upselling
Both applications offer coupons & discounts you can create to incentivize your past customers to leave a review. However, in order to use these coupons with Judge.me, you will be requested to upgrade to the Awesome Plan.
On the other hand, with Opinew these coupons are accessible from the lowest plan (Side Gig) for static or dynamic coupons.
Opinew - Good for:
1- Importing reviews from all online sources (AliExpress- Amazon & eBay).
2- Google Chrome Extension for 1 click imports of reviews in bulk.
3- Full customization and access for almost all tools from the lowest plan (Side Gig).
1- The limit to the number of reviews you can import or request varies depending on the plan you choose.
Judge.me - Good for:
1- Unlimited review requests, orders, and imports.
2- Share your reviews on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & Tumblr.
1- Doesn't give full access for its features to be used or customized unless you upgrade for the Awesome plan.
2- The only way to import reviews in bulk is by using AliExpress Review Importer App or by creating a CSV file format which most of the time leads to some errors and duplications.
If you are looking to migrate your reviews to Opinew, kindly follow this help articlee: Migrate Reviews From Other Platforms to Opinew.
Note: Opinew is not associated with Judge.me. this article was written from sources believed to be reliable at the time of writing (27th May 2021). However, no warranty, expressed or implied, is made regarding accuracy, adequacy, completeness, legality, reliability or usefulness of any information. It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the content and usefulness of information obtained from other sites, remember to check for updates directly with Judge.me.
Install Opinew on your Shopify store today and build strong social proof to increase your conversions!